Once your guarantee is registered, in the event of a burglary or break in taking place in your home due to the failure of Yale door or window security component, Yale offers you the following compensation, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- Up to £250 off any initial call out fee to a locksmith or other professional tradesman to secure the property, including any temporary security measures. Please pay the installer direct and then provide the original receipt to Yale and up to £250 will be reimbursed by cheque direct from Yale.
- If the product requires repair or to be completely re-made and installed, Yale will pay up to £1,000 to the original supplier (or equivalent). This will be paid by Yale directly to the supplier.
- Yale will make a goodwill payment of £1,000 for the inconvenience and distress caused.
- If following the break in, you make a claim on your home insurance and this leads to an excess payment, Yale will pay up to £1,000. Just provide a copy of the insurance claim form, plus a copy of a receipt showing payment of the insurance excess.
- In addition by registering for your Yale Lifetime Security Guarantee you can enjoy a 10% discount code for use against Yale security products purchased online at www.yalestore.co.uk (Please note this discount does not apply to fitting and installation charges, spare parts, clearance lines or package and postage fees).
If components covered by the Yale Lifetime Security Guarantee were correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, and one of the Yale products failed during the break-in, we will issue the above payments within 30 days of the claim being approved.
In the event of a break in
- If the property is broken in to, please arrange for the property to be secured by an appropriate professional and obtain a receipt of the professional call out charges and any temporary security measures.
- Call the police and obtain a crime reference number.
- Contact the company that originally installed your Yale door or windows within 7 days and notify them of the break in and that you require a repair or replacement.
- Submit a written claim to Yale within 7 days of the break-in, including your crime reference number and the name and address of your installer.
- Notification of any claim must be made to Yale within 7 days of the break-in. Any supporting documentation must be supplied to Yale within 30 days of the break-in.
- Yale will send a service engineer to visit the property within 10 working days of receiving your claim and will assess which components failed on the product during the break-in and whether the terms and conditions have been met. Please provide access and cooperation in order for the service engineer to assess the claim, between Monday - Friday in the hours of 9:00 - 17:00.
The Yale Lifetime Security Guarantee is only valid when the following terms and conditions are met in full:
The home must have been broken in to via forced entry through a PAS24 door or window covered by the Yale Lifetime Security Guarantee.
The benefits of the Yale Lifetime Security Guarantee only apply where entry is gained to the property through the failure of a component covered by this guarantee.
In order for a door or window to be covered by the guarantee, all window hardware (handles, hinges, and window locks) must be Yale components or approved by Yale. All door hardware (handle, cylinder, multi-point door lock, hinge and TS008 letterplate) must be Yale components or approved by Yale.
The guarantee does not cover components from other suppliers that may have been used on the product. If the break in to the property is judged to have occurred due to the failing of any other component (for example broken glass) none of the a
bove benefits will be paid.
The guarantee will not apply if the goods have not yet been fully paid for (i.e. there is an outstanding balance for supply and installation).
The door or window must have been fitted by an approved member of the ‘competent persons scheme’ To find your MTC (Minimum technical competence) installer please visit www.gov.uk
This guarantee shall not operate and will have no effect if the hardware has been incorrectly fitted, adjusted, maintained or operated.
The guarantee will not apply if the product has been subjected to abuse, vandalism, negligence or subjected to forces and stresses beyond recommended levels prior to the break in.
The guarantee will only be valid providing no modifications, repair or alteration has been made without approval.
Yale recommends that the door and/ or window hardware is lubricated at least twice a year – please ask your installer for advice on maintenance. The decision of the Yale service engineer is final in respect of
(i) whether the door or window has been maintained according to care instructions
(ii) whether any modification/repair has been made and
(iii) whether entry has been gained through failure of a Yale component
When the break in occurred the door or windows must have been securely closed and locked.
Windows must not be in the night vent position.
All claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished.
The guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK and Eire only. Commercial properties are excluded.
The claim and all supporting documentation must have been notified and submitted to Yale within the time limits noted above. Failure to comply with these time limits may invalidate the claim.
The guarantee is non-transferable to a new owner if the property is sold.
Subject to the conditions above, this Lifetime Security Guarantee is valid for the lifetime of the Yale components. Lifetime is defined as the number of years that the product is reasonably expected to last, determined through standard industry testing and taking into account frequency of usage, the length of time that the materials used to create the product are expected to last, and whether or not the product has seen more use that is deemed to be acceptable.