Here are answers to our Customer Service team's most frequently asked questions. We're here for you no matter what - so if you need advice on a product, feel free to contact us on Twitter, Facebook or the helpline: 01902 364606
The Keyfree gives an error beep when adding a Keyfob.
- Remove all of the batteries in the lock. Ensure that the black radio module has been fitted properly. Finally, replace all of the batteries and repeat the steps on page 14.
The lock doesn’t recognise the Keyfob when I press both buttons
- Please make sure that both buttons on the keyfob are pressed at the same time until a solid red light appears on the keyfob.
The Keyfree gives an error beep when I try to connect it to a Yale Alarm/CCTV or a Home Automation system
- If the error beep is when you press number '4' in the menu. Remove all batteries in the lock, ensure that the yellow (Yale) or green (Z-Wave) radio module has been fitted properly. Finally, replace all of the batteries and repeat the steps on page 20 of the user manual.
- If the error beep is when you press number '1' in the menu. The lock thinks it is already connected to a system. For a Yale module, please carry out the steps on page 21 of the user guide to reset the module. For a Z-Wave module, you will need to put your home automation system into unpair mode first (for Samsung SmartThings please click here) and then carry out the instructions on page 21 of the user manual to unpair. Once these have been completed carry out the instructions on page 20 of the user manual to connect the lock.
No voice or tones can be heard from my keyfree.
- Refer to User Guide page 18 ‘silent mode setting’ and disable the silent mode.
There is no power to my unit.
- It could be that the batteries have discharged. Remove battery cover and replace all four batteries with a Duracel or Energizer alkaline AA battery. If you are on the outside of the door use a 9 volt PP3 battery to power the lock through the terminal under the slide down cover.
I'm unable to lock the door from outside. The handle seems to rotates without engaging.
- Relock time is too short. With the door open, push the inside handle down. Lift the outside handle to throw the lock. If the lock throws and the hooks are seen then the locking time has expired. Refer to User Guide page 16 ‘Changing the Locking Time’ and increase the period of time for the relock.
- The spindle is not installed properly. With the door open, push the inside handle down. Lift the outside handle to throw the lock. If the lock does not throw and the hooks are not seen but a whirling sound is heard then the spindle has been fitted incorrectly. Refer to Installation Guide page 2 section 3 ‘Fitting the Spindle.’
I'm unable to open door using Pin or remote control. The unit makes a whirring noise.
- The spindle may not be installed propery. Open the emergency cover and open the lock using the back up key. Remove the Keyfree and check the spindle has been correctly installed. Refer to Installation Guide page 2 section 3 ‘Fitting the Spindle’
The handle is hard to lift when the door is closed but the lock operates freely when the door is open.
- The door set up is incorrect. Please contact the installer.
My lock repeats the welcome message, ’Welcome to Yale Digital World.’
- The batteries may be loose. Remove the battery cover and remove all batteries. Re fit new batteries ensuring that the top right battery is fully in contact with the spring connector.
The back up key will not work.
- Cylinder screw has been over tightened. Please loosen the cylinder fixing screw.
The button on the inside handle labelled ‘press’ is difficult to operate.
- The handle is being pressed down before the button is pressed. Press the button directly towards the door with no pressure applied to the handle. Once the button is pressed move the handle down. Once the handle starts to move the button can be released.